Sputnik Coffee Company is Hiring!
2057 W 51st
Chicago, IL 60609
Sputnik Coffee is a rapidly growing roastery/cafe located in the Back of the Yards. We are here to make Chicago coffee more affordable and accessible to everyone.
We are looking to bring on a full-time partner to help us keep the cafe running smoothly and help us share Sputnik coffee with more people. Sputnik is not your typical coffee shop, it’s a group of people committed to changing how Chicago thinks about coffee
Below are some words that would describe an awesome fit
- Loves coffee
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Hard working
- High energy
Here’s what a cafe/production assistant might do on any given day of the week
- Open cafe in the mornings and ensure cafe is ready to go by 6am
- Greet every customer and make them feel welcome
- Adapt, be flexible and kind if a customer is unhappy with their experience
- Explain the roasting process to customers and demonstrate knowledge of coffee, tea and everything on the menu
- Take orders, serve coffee and make espresso drinks during the morning rush
- Restock supplies and take inventory
- Keep everything super clean. Clean counters, bathroom, and floors.
- Bag roast into retail bags
- Start a batch of cold brew coffee
- Portion out cold brew coffee into kegs
- Clean cafe, organize and ensure everything is in place for the upcoming morning
If this sounds like a fun time and you’d like to be part of the team then please send your resume to email@example.com